Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
Search Policy Site
Pacific Logo

Skip Navigation LinksStaff Live In Policy

Staff Live In Policy


This is pulled from our staff agreements – this is specifically from our RD agreements but any live-in staff member will have a similar agreement they must follow.  I've also attached a copy of the form we have staff fill out for live-in partners. 

  1. RDs may be permitted to have live-in occupants (a significant other or family member) live with them in their assigned spaces (significant other is defined as a spouse or partner with whom one shares a long-term relationship).
  2. RDs are required to register their live-in occupant with the Housing & Greek Life Office by providing written notice to the Associate Director for Residential Life prior to assuming occupancy. Note: RDs may not accept any form of tender in exchange for live-in arrangements and will take full responsibility for all actions of live-in occupants, as defined under the Guest Policy. If an RD is terminated, both the RD and the guest(s) must vacate the RD's University-provided apartment.
  3. Prospective live-in occupants must:
    1. Pass a background check prior to being allowed to live in residences; and
    2. Complete a Confidentiality Agreement, Housing Agreement, and Family and Partner Housing Form.
  4. Approved live-in occupants:
    1. Will be issued a University Affiliate Identification Card;
    2. Must abide by all applicable University and Student Conduct Code policies, standards, and codes; and
    3. Are subject to removal and/or possible legal action for any misuse, misconduct or violation of University policy.


About This Policy
Last Updated
Original Issue Date

Responsible Department
Student Life